Law Offices of
JEFFREY D. DIAMOND
Atlanta Insurance Law
- Appraisal – A remedy provided for in the terms of the insurance policy for resolution of disputes over the value of a claim.
- Mediation – this is a recommended approach. It is an effective way of resolving conflicts; that parties can mediate with their attorney protecting their interest in the mediation. Skilled civil mediators can help resolve the dispute fairly and efficiently.
- Filing of a Lawsuit – while litigation should be a last resort, it is a fact that insurance companies often compel their policyholders to file lawsuits to recover on claims in order to take advantage of the insurance company’s vastly superior financial resources. A lawsuit and trial involve substantial commitments of time, emotion and financial resources for policyholders.
- Arbitration – In this process, usually a rare occurrence arising from insurance disputes, both parties present their opposing claims to a neutral arbitrator, much like a trial in court. During the hearing both parties can argue their case with the help of their insurance coverage attorney, present evidence and examine witnesses. After the hearing, the arbitrator issues the award to one of the parties which can be enforced in a court of law as a judgment.
Insurance Bad Faith
Disputes with Insurance companies can be a very challenging experience for most individuals or business owners. If your house has sustained a fire or theft, or if you have suffered a vehicle loss, you can reasonably expect that the insurance company will honor your claim within a reasonable period of time, as you have purchased insurance to cover these risks.
But when the insurance company denies your claim or unreasonably delays the process of investigating and making a determination in response to your claim, or requires excessive documentation or duplicate information before accepting your claim, then the insurer may well be acting in bad faith.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey D. Diamond we can help you with various types of bad faith claims, including those involving:
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
Along with the claim amount the Insurance Company may also be liable for other damages including attorney’s fees, emotional distress and possibly punitive damages, depending upon the State in which your claim is brought. An experienced and qualified Insurance Coverage attorney like Jeffrey D. Diamond can help you to resolve a bad faith dispute by representing you against the insurance company in pursuit of recovery of all additional damages as might be available to you under the applicable law.